Many of us believers contrary to the word, tend to say only the things that we can see, feel, hear, etc. However, this is not how God wants us to speak. Knowing that words are seeds, He wants us to take His words and sew them into our hearts. From there these words/seeds of life will germinate, put down strong roots, grow into mighty trees and eventually bring forth abundant fruit. It will take some effort to not give voice to the negative things that we might be experiencing, but rather to let the word of God take precedence in our lives and let it be our ultimate guide.
So what are some of the things we should be saying daily, speaking forth into our present and our future? We’ll see what the word says and start from there.
Let the weak say, I am strong. Joel 3:10 I will say of the Lord: Psalm 91:2 The Lord is my refuge; The Lord is my fortress; The Lord is my God; I trust in Him. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Mark 11:23
Below, is a list compiled by Don Gossett as a challenge to believers to speak the word only. It is my hope that you will say only the things that the word says about you.
1. Never Again will I confess “I can’t,” for “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Phil 4:13.
2. Never Again will I confess lack, for “My God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19.
3. Never Again will I confess fear, for “God hath not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” II Timothy 1:7.
4. Never Again will I confess doubt and lack of faith, for “God hath given to every man the measure of faith.” Romans 12:3.
5. Never Again will I confess weakness, for “The Lord is the strength of my life.” Ps. 7:1 and “The people that know their God shall be strong and do exploits.” Daniel 11:32.
6. Never Again will I confess supremacy of Satan over my life, for “Greater is He that is within me than he that is in the world.” I John 4:4.
7. Never Again will I confess defeat, for “God always causeth me to triumph in Christ Jesus.” II Cor. 2:14.
8. Never Again will I confess lack of wisdom for “Christ Jesus is made unto me wisdom from God.” I Corinthians 1:30.
9. Never Again will I confess sickness, for “With His stripes I am healed.” Isaiah 53:5, and Jesus “Himself took my infirmities and bare my sicknesses.” Matthew 8:17.
10. Never Again will I confess worries and frustrations, for I am “Casting all my cares upon Him who careth for me.” I Peter 5:7. In Christ I am “care‑free!”
11. Never Again will I confess bondage, for “Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” II Corinthians 3:17. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit!
12. Never Again will I confess condemnation, for “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1. I am in Christ; therefore, I am free from condemnation.
Meditate on the word of God, let it fall into your heart, so that when you speak, out of your heart will pour forth only the issues of life.